At Blockbax we allow subject-matter experts to transform sensor data into long-lasting competitive differentiation. We create software that turns sensor data into customer value. We are now looking to expand our team with a hands-on Cloud Engineer.
At Blockbax we work on building the next generation Low-Code IoT Platform, across many different industries such as Energy, Water, Agriculture, Construction and Smart Buildings. With our platform, we gear up companies within these industries to make a direct impact in a smarter, healthier and more sustainable way of working. This includes enabling all types of workflows, including analytics, to assist in making better decisions. We are a good mix of engineers, product and design. What we have in common is that we like to wrap our head around complex software engineering challenges and ultimately translate them to easy to use APIs and interfaces that users really want to use.
Our team of engineers work with the latest technologies to further develop our platform — such as Kafka, TensorFlow, Cassandra and Kubernetes. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about our product, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team — then Blockbax is for you.
What will you do
- Design and implement our cloud infrastructure powering the core of our platform.
- Work with distributed open-source software such as Kafka, Cassandra, Kubernetes to squeeze out every ounce of performance.
- Have full Dev and Ops responsibility that drives you to architect in a way that requires little operation (e.g. auto-scalability).
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment involving different stakeholders.
- Help shape the culture and methodology of a rapidly growing company.
- You enjoy making things happen and accepting responsibility for results. You don’t just write code; you engineer systems.
- You are open minded, and cooperate well with others; share knowledge, experience and information; support others in the pursuit of team goals.
- You have experience with cloud infrastructure, networking and security (preferably AWS and Azure).
- You have experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Linux and other related technologies.
- You have experience with configuration management (Terraform/Ansible or similar), CI/CD, logging & monitoring.
- You have 3+ years of full-time cloud engineering and programming experience (preferably in Java and/or Python).
- You are eager to discover new technologies and use the technology best fit for purpose.
- You have a bachelor's degree or more in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar, or equivalent experience and/or certifications.
What we offer you
- Make a real impact in one of the most exciting tech companies.
- Receive competitive salary and benefits.
- Opportunity to be part of our employee participation plan with company shares.
- Receive a subsidized lunch at the canteen, with a number of tasty food options.
- Stay fueled between meals with free healthy snacks and drinks throughout the day.
- A super nice office in the city center of Rotterdam (2-minute walk from Central Station).
- Get the flexibility to work from home 50% of the time.
- Experience a culture like no other! Bond with your teammates at our office ping pong table or during our regular social events, company weekends and Friday afternoon drinks.
We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value hard work, accountability, and results. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
So, are you the brilliant engineer we're looking for? Join now!