At Blockbax we allow subject-matter experts to transform sensor data into long-lasting competitive differentiation. We create software that turns sensor data into customer value. We are now looking to expand our team with a forward-thinking Backend Engineer.
Our team is working on building the next generation Low-Code IoT Platform, across many different industries such as Energy, Water, Agriculture, Construction and Smart Buildings. With our platform, we gear up companies within these industries to make a direct impact in a smarter, healthier and more sustainable way of working. This includes enabling all types of workflows, including analytics, to assist in making better decisions. We are a good mix of engineers, product and design. What we have in common is that we like to wrap our head around complex software engineering challenges and ultimately translate them to easy to use APIs and interfaces that users really want to use.
Our team of engineers works with the latest technologies to further develop our platform — such as Kafka, Kubernetes, various NoSQL databases, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, React, TypeScript and various machines learning technologies. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about our product, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team — then Blockbax is for you.
What will you do
- Design and implement delightful APIs that enable internal and external developers to build awesome machine learning and visualization applications on top of the Blockbax Platform.
- Work with distributed open-source software such as Kubernetes, Kafka, PostgreSQL, and similar to squeeze out every ounce of performance.
- Write your own queries and ensure they fit within our low latency API landscape.
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment involving different stakeholders.
- Help shape the culture and methodology of a rapidly growing company.
- You enjoy making things happen and accepting responsibility for results. You don’t just write code; you engineer software.
- You are open minded, and cooperate well with others; share knowledge, experience and information; support others in the pursuit of team goals.
- You have 3+ years of full-time engineering experience in one of the following programming languages: Java, C#, Python, Scala, Rust or Kotlin. Experience with multiple is a plus.
- You have experience with cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes, Docker and other related technologies.
- You are eager to discover new technologies and use the technology best fit for purpose.
- You have a bachelor's degree or more in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar, or equivalent experience.
What we offer you
- Make a real impact in one of the most exciting tech companies, at least as far as we're concerned. ;-)
- Receive competitive salary and benefits.
- Opportunity to be part of our employee participation plan with company shares.
- Receive a subsidized lunch at the canteen, with a number of tasty food options.
- Stay fueled between meals with free healthy snacks and drinks throughout the day.
- A super nice office in the city center of Rotterdam (2-minute walk from Central Station).
- Experience a culture like no other! Bond with your teammates at our office ping pong table or during our regular social events, company events and Friday afternoon drinks.
We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value hard work, accountability, and results. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
So, are you the brilliant engineer we’re looking for? Join now!